Greenway-Chaplin has hired an Older Adult Program Coordinator. This is a shared role with Preston Heights Community Group and Silverheights Neighbourhood Association.
Her name is Areij Mohamed and you can reach her by email firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-623-4220.
In May and June 2023, we are connecting with older adults in our neighbourhood to see what programs or services or volunteer opportunities they are interested in.
2023 Activities (May to October 2023)
- First Meeting at GCCC
- Men Trip (Shade’s Mills)
- Strawberry Picking
- BBQ Riverside Park
- Swimming for Women
- Lavender Workshop at GCCC
- Walking Group (Men) at GCCC
- Hair Care (Women) in September
- Walking Group (weekly on Tuesday mornings, meet at Greenway or at the Cambridge Centre)
- Self Care Workshop – October
Stay tuned for more information to follow.
Thank you to the Trillium Foundation for the Resilient Communities Grant to support this project (Sept 2022 to Sept 2024).